Training and implementation
Helping you get the best out of your solutions
Not only will we get you up and running in no time, we'll help ensure you get the most out of your Guestline solutions. Our training team will provide onsite technical support at every stage of implementation, ensure your systems are customised to your hotel's specific needs, and bring all your employees up to speed.
But the support from our training team doesn't end at go live. We'll provide continuous learning opportunities for you and your team, from hands-on training and workshops to virtual classroom sessions, to ensure you're always up to date with new product updates and using our systems in line with best practice.
1. Project kick off meeting
• Initial project meeting to introduce Project Manager and Account Manager
• Scope of works agreed
• Project plan/timescales agreed
• Third party integrations completed and tested
• Any custom/bespoke integrations completed and advised of development road map
• Implementation and initial system build including hotel build, rooms, rates, profile data requirement
• Training is completed on the hotel's site to selected user groups:
Super User, Standard User, and Lite User
• Training conducted by a hospitality professional
5. Live Loading
• Live loading of all bookings, sales ledger, and reservations completed prior to go live
• This will be started by the trainer and completed by hotel staff
• Additional resource available if required with a plan given by the trainer prior to departure
6. Go Live
• Implementation specialist will be on site on go live day to ensure a smooth handover
7. Project handover
• Project Manager will sign off project at the agreement of the hotel
• Introduction of Account Manager
• 4 week immediate call status in our support centre from go live day
The whole installation from first inception to final completion and go live went extremely smoothly. Changing a system is always unsettling, but as the system is simple to use and easy to navigate, the staff have picked it up in no time at all. The switch to Guestline wasn’t a sale; more of a new partnership.Mark Tobin
General Manager, Best Western Plus Swan Hotel & Best Western Shrubbery Hotel
We’ve listed all our frequently asked questions here to give you a head start, but if you can’t find the answer to your query, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- How long does it typically take to implement my new software from signing the order?
Dates for implementation are decided based on the best availability for you and the training schedule. On average, it’ll take about 6 weeks but this is dependent on a number of factors e.g. how many solutions you’re having, group roll out, CRS, availability for project meeting etc.
- How long will a trainer typically be on-site during the install process?
The trainer will be on-site for the duration of the implementation to guide you through the migration, with the exception of your live loading week.
- When do we build and load our rates and availability? (What does live loading mean and why do we have to do it ourselves?)
Building rates and setting availability allows you, the hotelier, to better understand the workings and set up of the system so you can be more effective in managing them moving forward. Rates are normally built in the first week when the main training for inputting a reservation has taken place, in order to start your live loading. Live Loading of booking gives the team that extra practice outside of the training sessions.
- What experience and background do the trainers and support team typically have?
All training staff have a background in hospitality so can relate to the business demands and provide examples relevant to the property or from previous experience. Having a similar background to your hotel staff allows for true to life examples to be given. Our support team also similarly have hospitality backgrounds and can appreciate the day to day demands of the business.
- What type of support do we have after my trainer leaves site?
Ongoing support is provided by our support team based in the UK who are available 7am until 11pm each day for assistance. They can be contacted by email and phone.
- Can I have multiple browsers?
Yes, you can have as many as you want open depending on which interfaces are in use. A limited number of certain interfaces stop you from being able to open multiple browsers. Ask the trainer if you are able to have this setting turned on.
Like what you see?
To find out more about our products and services, simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch soon.