GuestStay - Delight your guests with frictionless check-in and check-out
The new guest experience can be both engaging for your guests and profitable for your hotel
Adapting to a new reality: mobile, efficient and secure
As hoteliers adjust to the ‘new normal’ and implement new social distancing and safety measures, there is a concern that this will signal an impersonal and distant experience – exactly the opposite of being hospitable and guest-centric.
The “check-in/out” are crucial milestones for any hotelier who wants to deliver a first-class service as they’re the first and last physical interaction with the guest, yet often the busiest and most complex. This presents a challenge and under the new circumstances, hoteliers will need processes that provide a warm welcome and farewell, drive operational efficiencies and ensure compliance.
GuestStay in a nutshell
- Give guests the option to avoid lengthy reception queues at check-in/out by completing their registration as well as reviewing and paying their balance online
- Be compliant and avoid costly penalties related to Guest Registration, GDPR, PSD2 and PCI-DSS Level 1
- Save paper and minimise admin errors with ancillary services (spa, restaurant, bar etc) by providing guests with a digital proof of their registration
- Be consistent with your hotel’s branding & personalise with your logo, colours, and pictures
- Automation at it’s best. Simple installation and fully 2-way integrated with Guestline PMS
Guest Engagement Process
Prior to arrival, guests receive an email to complete their registration. Reservation and guest profiles are automatically updated in the PMS and the registration card is stored and deleted in a timely manner to ensure compliance
After check-in, guests receive a digital copy of their registration to store in their Apple Wallet and use a reference as they interact with the hotels facilities and services
Send guests a link to access a live view of their balance throughout their stay directly from the PMS
On the day of departure guests can securely settle their balance online with GuestPay
Deliver a warm welcome without any distractions
- Streamline operations by asking guests to complete their registration card online, before arrival, eliminating unnecessary paperwork, pressure, and queues upon arrival
- Deliver a consistent, on-brand, check-in experience regardless of guests’ booking channel and drive confidence by communicating information before arrival
- Housekeeping and the front desk can plan ahead by capturing vital reservation and profile information (such as ETA, additional guests and notes)
- Ensure your staff always have an accurate and real-time view of reservation and guest profile data, available inside Guestline Rezlynx PMS
- Refer to registration cards whenever you need, they are automatically stored against the reservation in the PMS and a proof of registration is automatically emailed to guests after check-in so they can store in the Apple Wallet
It’s not a goodbye, it’s a ‘see you soon!’
- Guests can review and check their final bill at their own leisure on the day of departure and settle the balance online on their own device
- Go paperless by sending guests a link to access their balance throughout their stay, directly from the PMS
- Improve your revenue and cash flow by ensuring there are no missing charges - the billing link is updated in real-time with any manual or 3rd party interface charges posted to the room in the PMS
- Incentivise guests to pay their balance online with GuestPay instead of by card/cash at the reception. It is simple, secure (with PSD2 and no sharing of the PDQs) and saves your staff time in the check-out
Avoid the queues upon arrival
- Fill out the digital registration card at your own leisure, any time (before arrival), anywhere and on any device and browser to sail through check-in when you arrive
- Complete the process with ease by following the step by step registration process available in 9 different languages
- Take control of your profile data and stay by completing/editing the pre-populated guest profiles, advising the hotel of your ETA, adding additional notes, and accepting and digitally signing the hotel’s T&Cs and marketing comms (GDPR)
Enjoy the stay
- Store a copy of your registration in your Apple Wallet, ready to use as a reference as you interact with the hotel facilities and services.
The dream check-out experience
- Keep a close eye on how much you are spending throughout your stay by accessing the billing link emailed to you
- On the day of departure, settle your balance online to avoid lengthy reception queues at check-out
We're delighted with GuestStay - it has been thought out really well and covers every aspect of the guest journey. It’s helped minimise the number of people in reception and has taken the pressure off the check-in process, generally making it more efficient and risk-free. The guests are now filling in their full details (including their email addresses) meaning the data is accurate, up-to-date and can be used for marketing purposes as most agree to receiving further comms from us.Patrick Jones
General Manager, Tewkesbury Park Hotel
With GuestStay you can:
Start the check-in/out process in advance to reduce queues at reception and eliminate unnecessary paperwork at the front desk
Drive confidence by communicating throughout the guest journey and improve data quality by enabling the guest to view and edit their personal profile and pay
Comply with latest GDPR, guest registration, PSD2, PCI-DSS, COVID-19 and security regulations to avoid costly financial and reputational penalties
We’ve listed all our frequently asked questions here to give you a head start, but if you can’t find the answer to your query, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Are there costs associated with GuestStay?
- Is GuestStay PMS agnostic?
Is GuestStay available for all reservations & channels?
GuestStay Digital Registration card is sent automatically or manually to all guests regardless of where their reservation was made (i.e. OTA, direct or over the phone). If the OTA is using email masking, the field will appear blank. This gives you a chance to capture accurate data for your guests. However, the guest proof of registration is only sent to guests who complete the digital registration via GuestStay.
Can the GuestStay emails be automated and customised to reflect our look and feel?
Yes, guests will automatically receive a branded email reminding them to complete their details the day before they are due to check-in. When a booking is created for arrival today or tomorrow, guests receive the pre-arrival email immediately. The guest proof of registration and billing emails share the same GuestStay digital registration look and feel. The proof of registration will be automatically sent to guests after check-in while the billing email will be manually sent at any stage between check-in and check-out by the hotelier. Additionally, in the Guestline Rezlynx PMS “Template Editor” hoteliers can embed the registration card link as a button or hyperlink in a new or existing pre-arrival email and set up the automation rules in the “Template Automation”. Don’t worry, you will find all the information you need in our Support Portal.
Does the guest need to download an App?
Good news! No app is required for your guests to download. Guests just need a device (i.e. tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop), good internet connection and a modern browser (internet browser agnostic) to enjoy the benefits of GuestStay.
Can the registration card, proof of registration or billing link be customised?
At the moment, the solution is standard and only a few fields can be customised such as logo, colours, picture and T&Cs. Our product team is working tirelessly to expand these options which we hope will be available soon in one of our regular development sprints.
How many additional guests can be added on the registration card?
The Digital Registration card will allow lead guests to add on as many guests as the reservation has. For instance, if a reservation is for 3 guests, it will allow up to 2 additional guests.
How long does it take to install?
Installation is quick, easy and done remotely, taking three days on average. Hoteliers just need to send us the branding elements and then set up their T&Cs, email/SMS templates and automation rules in the PMS
On what devices is the proof of registration available?
Only Apple devices as the guest proof of registration can only be stored in the Apple Wallet. So, guests with android smartphones will not be able to store it.
- Are online payments available by default with GuestStay?
With GuestStay, most of the admin associated with checking in a guest is eliminated, which has enabled us to personally greet our guests on arrival and provide a more hospitable and engaging welcome. It helps us tailor our service to their needs and ensure they have everything they need for their stay instead of going through paperwork and asking them 20 questions! Also it helps the environment by saving paper and enables us to keep physical contact with guests to a minimum which is essential during these post-Covid times.Paul Downing
Managing Director, Dart Marina Group
Why not benefit from a fully integrated solution?
Let us walk you through the contact-free hotel experience you can offer to your guests with the Guestline Platform and help to make your operations more efficient, increase profits and enhance the overall experience for your guests...
The omnichannel guest payment solution that gives you faster, more secure access to your funds
Use the form below to signup to our mailing list - you can then choose how you'd like to be contacted: