- Christian Kaberg, Group Operations Director
Integrated Hotel Software- Case Study
St Pancras Group Ltd is a collection of 7 unique destinations in one urban location: Kings Cross, London. The eclectic group includes three hotels (including The California London and The Megaro Hotel), a bar, restaurant and two meeting and event spaces.
The latest addition to the group is The Gyle, a 33-bedroom hotel housed across three 19th century townhouses in Argyle Square. The hotel has been designed to be a guest’s home from home with its solid oak flooring, silver leaf, plaster cornices, ribbed glass, embossed wallpaper, vintage mirrors and Scottish woollen textiles. The TOAST B&B Lounge serves breakfasts, refreshments and snacks.
- As the group expanded and they opened new properties, they needed a consistent, centralised system across their properties, operating in the cloud with easy integration to third party apps.
- They were previously running on-premise, server systems with Opera. When they opened their latest property (The Gyle) they were quoted £40,000 for a new, cloud hosted system. On top of that, to get a fully integrated system across the whole group, they would have had to upgrade all their properties [previously on-premise] to the cloud at an overall cost of £150,000 which wasn’t financially viable or cost effective.
- They also wanted to integrate to additional third-party apps and were being charged an additional £10,000 per API integration which again didn’t prove economically viable or sound business sense.
- This prompted the group to review their core operating systems across the group; to look at cloud options that were multi-functional, could centralise processes and be fully integrated across their portfolio. As well as delivering ROI.
- Guestline Rezlynx PMS
- Guestline Channel Manager
- Online booking platform
- Advanced C&B
Quote from Christian Kaberg, Group Operations Director - St Pancras Hotels Group -
"With our technology platform, we wanted something that was as invisible as possible, to just exist in the background, that would allow our staff to excel in what they do best - be great ambassadors and hosts! We don’t want our staff heads down in a computer screen.
We’re all about re-introducing real hospitality and providing a unique guest experience and the Guestline systems allow us to do this by seamlessly taking care of all the processes and automating as much as possible in the background. It has helped us facilitate success and benefit operationally.
Staff have commented that it’s far easier to use than Opera and being on the cloud has provided with flexible access and a centralised overview of performance. With the ease of third-party integrations, and the intuitive interface, it’s certainly delivering ROI and helping us to continue to rock’n’roll all over Kings Cross, and the surrounding hood!."
Integrated Hotel Software- Benefits
The technology operates inconspicuously in the background, supporting operations and taking care of previously manual tasks and automating/simplifying processes. So much so that the staff have more ‘heads up’ time to spend with guests to deliver an amazing customer experience.
With the systems being fully integrated across the group, the Revenue Manager can manage rates and control availability from one place on behalf of the whole group. Additionally, the management team can view centralised reports and BI performance figures for the group and/or individual sites to help analyse sales and shape strategic decisions.
Third party applications
Guestline’s API can easily connect to multiple third-party solutions, enabling the group to effortlessly integrate with additional technology like in-room tablets for the guests and express check in/out solutions.
Ease of use
- The systems are easy to use and simple to train new staff on. Staff can view everything on one screen – from check in/outs, reservations and guest data so it’s easy to review details and make amends without having to open multiple screens and tabs.
- The migration of systems went smoothly and as the systems are so scalable, it was simple to install onto additional sites.
Direct bookings increase
The online booking platform is integral to the website and sits on a persistent bar on their website. The simple and easy to use platform has contributed towards an increase in direct sales and helped them engage with guests further.
Fully integrated EPOS
All the guest’s bar spend can be tracked via the EPoS and charged back to the room bill to minimise lost revenue and keep invoices streamlined. All the drinks are mapped on the system to aid stock control.
The Conference and Banqueting software helps the group organise and plan events and meetings and as it’s part of the core platform, it’s simple of link bedroom bookings to specific events.
Here's what our clients have to say...
Take a look through our success stories to discover how we have helped some of the world's leading hospitality brands improve the guest experience, streamline operations and maximise revenue.
‘Guestline cloud PMS is more effective, and it saves us time and money. It’s fully integrated which makes the whole process more seamless and it does everything we need it to do.' Read more about how Dean Court are working with Guestline here. Read more
Like what you see?
To find out more about our products and services, simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch soon.