- 2 December 2019
Irish Hospitality Institute honours excellence at the IHI Founder's Banquet and Hospitality Management Awards
Declan McKenna from The Guinness Storehouse WINS the Guestline Revenue Manager of the Year Award
Over 500 industry colleagues gathered at the IHI Founder’s Banquet and Hospitality Management Awards to celebrate exceptional winners across 13 categories. The annual IHI Hospitality Management Awards are a recognition of the nominated person in their role, their capability, technical skills and their ability to demonstrate continuous professional development coupled with the energy and innovation they bring to their role.
THE 2019 WINNERS ARE…
- Guestline Revenue Manager of the Year – Declan McKenna, The Guinness Storehouse
- Hotel General Manager of the Year – Alan Buckley, Jurys Inn Parnell Street
- Employee of the Year – Denise Meenaghan, The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Sligo
- Executive Head Chef of the Year – Michelle O’Donnell, Masterchefs Hospitality
- Young Manager of the Year – Keith O’Sullivan, Masterchefs Hospitality
- Graduate of the Year – Emer Priestley, Shannon College of Hotel Management
- HR Manager of the Year – Kathleen Linehan, Trigon Hotels
- Catering Manager of the Year – Sigitas Zubrickas, Sodexo Ireland
- Finance Manager of the Year – Brian Farrell, Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
- Environmental & Facilities Manager of the Year – Aine Martin, Hotel Doolin
- Sales & Marketing Manager of the Year – Eveanna Ryan, Connacht Hospitality
- Food & Beverage Manager of the Year – Alex Staskunas, Compass Group at Aviva Stadium
- Deputy General Manager of the Year – Diana Pyzio
Oonagh Cremins, President of the IHI, talks about the prestigiousness of the awards and recognising the personal contribution of individual hospitality professionals: ‘A huge congratulations to all of our 2019 winners. This year we attracted the highest number of applicants to-date across 18 counties, and the awards were attended by 500+ industry professionals, reconfirming the prestigiousness of the awards and is a true reflection of the work we are undertaking to grow our membership awareness nationwide. As an industry we focus on delivering a better guest satisfaction and we position our people at the centre of this, hence these employee centric awards propels a higher calibre of winner, someone who was nominated by a peer or an employer as being exceptional at their role, celebrating them as an individual, their ability, dedication and professionalism. We would like to say a big thank you to our judges, category sponsors and partners who play their part in making the event the success it is.’
Declan McKenna, Winner, Guestline Revenue Manager of the Year award comments:
“I’m absolutely delighted to win this award. It was an honour to be nominated and given the talent within the category and in the room last night, it’s a real privilege to be recognised and I am extremely thankful to my nominators and the industry for this achievement.”
Through a new online entry mechanism for 2019, applications for this year’s awards were completed by both the nominator and the nominee. The judging process allows IHI members to submit their chosen nominee, a panel of IHI judges made up of senior industry figures across many industries from hoteliers to Failte Ireland to industry consultants and mainstream banking executives, shortlist the nominations. Nominees then proceed to an interview stage where the judging panel base their final decision before the overall winners were announced at last night’s event where over 500 industry leaders gathered to recognise the personal contribution of individual hospitality professionals.
For further information about the awards visit www.ihi.ie
Guestline, the provider of cloud-based hospitality solutions for independent hotels was the proud sponsor of the Revenue Manager of the Year Award.
Pictured below L - R : Clio O'Gara (Guestline Country Manager), Declan McKenna (The Guinness Storehouse) and James Cannon (Guestline Operations Director)
Here's what our clients have to say...
Take a look through our success stories to discover how we have helped some of the world's leading hospitality brands improve the guest experience, streamline operations and maximise revenue.
‘Guestline cloud PMS is more effective, and it saves us time and money. It’s fully integrated which makes the whole process more seamless and it does everything we need it to do.' Read more about how Dean Court are working with Guestline here. Read more
Like what you see?
To find out more about our products and services, simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch soon.