- Fraser Doyne-Ditmas, Operations Manager - Coombe Abbey
Coombe Abbey is a 4 star country hotel with 119 bedrooms, nestling in 500 acres of parkland and formal gardens. Built in the 12th Century, Coombe Abbey has been lovingly restored into a unique and stunning venue for weddings and special occasions. Coombe Abbey is also the largest conference centre in the Midlands.
The busy hotel runs multiple events including murder mystery weekends and medieval banquets.
The hotel was using various solutions covering PMS, online website bookings and channel management from numerous suppliers. Not only was it time consuming to manage different systems but accurate management reporting was difficult.
They needed one integrated solution that could manage all their needs and fulfil the following criteria:
- Cloud-hosted property management system
- Single supplier as opposed to multi-vendor solution
- UK based support and development
- Conference and events functionality
- Advanced financial reporting
- Online booking facility with multi-channel exposure
Guestline installed their web-based property management system Rezlynx combined with the Channel Manager for online/OTA distribution. This was supplemented by EPoS and Rezlynx Advanced Conference and Banqueting.
- Consolidated reporting from a single source has improved financial control for the business
- Distribution of availability to the OTA’s and the hotels own websites is seamless, controlled from within Rezlynx and shown in real-time
- Online Booking Manager has been customised to reflect the branding of the Coombe Abbey website
- Delegate list functionality in Advanced Conference & Banqueting allows multiple people to be booked onto an event and availability can be viewed easily
- A bespoke integrated Chip and Pin module in development
- Dedicated UK based project management and support
- Go live for the new system was completed whilst the hotels were still in full operation, so there was no disruption to normal service. On the morning of go-live at Coombe Abbey, the hotel had 70 check-ins.
Fraser Doyne - Ditmas, Operations Manager - "We’re delighted to be able to report such strong, robust business performance. The revenue rises and increases in occupancy are above industry averages, as we continue to build upon the success we have achieved in the past few years”.
But don't just take our word for it...
Take a look through our success stories to discover how we have helped some of the world's leading hospitality brands improve the guest experience, streamline operations and maximise revenue.
Like what you see?
To find out more about our products and services, simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch soon.