- John Mustard - IT Manager Saltaire Taverns - Le Monde
Le Monde is a stylish 4 star boutique property located at the heart of Edinburgh’s busy George Street. It has 18 themed rooms and suites, all named after cities and styled accordingly, 4 apartments, 2 restaurants, 3 bars and a lively nightclub in the basement.
- Le Monde wanted to implement an externally hosted property management solution that eliminated IT issues and costs locally at the hotel.
- Accommodation is only a small element of Le Monde’s revenue, with approximately 80% attributed to food and beverage; therefore it was of paramount importance that any new PMS could fully integrate with Zonal, their chosen EPoS vendor.
- Le Monde is one of two hotels owned by the same company, Saltaire Leisure, so the facility to manage the whole system in real time from any location was crucial.
- The ability to drive bookings direct to the hotel website, provide the option of packages and room rate management which worked alongside the major OTA’s was also a prime consideration when selecting a system.
- Rezlynx PMS
- Rezlynx Mobile
- Zonal EPoS Interface
- Online Booking Manager
- Channel & Distribution Manager
- Facebook Booking Manager
- PCI Manager
Once the PMS and Online Booking Manager had been installed Le Monde were able to gather crucial data via the extensive reporting functionality in Rezlynx and identify patterns and trends in their sales. This has enabled them to formulate specific packages and offers, up-selling services where appropriate.
Increased OTA exposure:
The implementation of Channel & Distribution Manager, which fully integrates with the hotels PMS, has led to increased exposure on a wide variety of OTA’s, maximising selling opportunities.
The relationship between Guestline and Le Monde is still developing as Le Monde is taking advantage of Guestline’s advancements in mobile technology software.
Guestline continually develops and update their technology to suit the requirements of their clients and the hospitality industry, as a result Le Monde’s software is completely up-to-date. Support along with in-house training and development have also been integral to the relationship Le Monde has with Guestline.
Le Monde has seen a significant increase in online revenue, from both direct sales from the Le Monde website and the OTA’s via Channel & Distribution Manager.
The whole business is far more transparent which has enabled the management to run the hotel in a more efficient, cost effective and profitable manner. The automated and real-time reporting functionality has provided valuable intelligence which has enabled the hotel to adapt its resources and rates accordingly.
"Using Guestline’s Online Booking Manager has made an enormous difference to our business, it has allowed us to be more flexible and provide packages online direct though our own booking website. Our priority is to make it as easy for the customer to book as possible – the OBM does just that.”
The cloud based system enables us to receive updates and changes immediately as Guestline continue to develop their technology to suit the needs of their clients and they provide support and training required to enable us to manage change
We are able to use the data and business intelligence to create packages and ultimately generate the best revenue based on statistics and revenue management”
But don't just take our word for it...
Take a look through our success stories to discover how we have helped some of the world's leading hospitality brands improve the guest experience, streamline operations and maximise revenue.
Like what you see?
To find out more about our products and services, simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch soon.