Interview with Tharin Sethi, Business Development Director - APAC
We spoke to Tharin to get his thoughts on the APAC market and how Guestline has implemented localisation measures specifically for the APAC region.
With over 10 years experience in the hospitality industry, Tharin comes from a family of Bangkok-based hoteliers and is passionate about operational efficiencies, revenue maximisation and customer satisfaction.
Question: Can you give us an introduction to Guestline APAC?
- Tharin Sethi - When representing Guestline, I am often asked what the secret to our 25-year long global market presence and 98% customer retention rate is. My typical response is the company’s focus on ongoing product development based on consistent market research and customer feedback - coupled with our localisation efforts within our active markets resulting in relevant, reliable solutions for our hotel customers.Since our penetration into the APAC market, Guestline’s 60-strong development team have worked tirelessly to ensure our customers in the APAC region have an unparalleled management system with trustworthy local support. Our attention to detail ensures our system efficiently meets all the day-to-day operational needs of our customers.
Q: Do you offer local support and implementations?
- Tharin - Our APAC offices are in Bangkok, Thailand and it is where our local Implementation and support teams are based. Every customer that goes live with us in the APAC region has the option of in-person/onsite or online training. Our local staff, who all have prior experience working in hotels, use their local language skills and extensive operational knowledge to ensure all users of Guestline understand how best to enjoy its benefits during on-boarding and are confident on go-live. We are all partners and we ensure all Guestline users recognize this.
Q: How do you ensure local compliance?
- Tharin - In every country we operate in, as part of our commitment to making our customers work easier, Guestline makes it a priority to ensure our system can meet native local operational requirements whilst also being fully legally compliant. Be it accounting document tracking obligations, immigration reporting, revenue department reports -as is a requirement in Thailand- our development team put in the work so our system can assist hotels with automating all of the above.
Q: What local partnerships do you have?
- Tharin - Our APAC customers often choose to use local solutions for other operational requirements be it door-locking systems, accounting systems, internet gateways and more. Guestline’s open API ensures we can deliver powerful, seamless integrations when required and as a result our system is compatible with the majority of local hotel solution providers. Some of these key integrations include: Jurudata, Carmen, Seed Soft, AsiaPay, Be Tech Door Locking and many more.
Q: What does the future hold for #TeamAPAC?
- Tharin - All these steps are a testament to Guestline’s commitment to the APAC region. While we were founded in the UK, our solutions are suitable worldwide and we actively modify our product, implemention and support offering to suit the local markets. This has given us unprecedented growth in the APAC region in recent times. Our team continually undertakes market research to ensure our solutions are innovative and future-proofed and most importantly, meeting the demands of tomorrow’s hoteliers and guests.
"Our localisation efforts result in relevant, reliable solutions for our hotel customers"
"We ensure our system meets native local operational requirements whilst also being fully legally compliant"
"Our system is compatible with the majority of local hotel solution providers"
- Kate Fuller, Marketing Manager, Guestline
Sign up here for the latest news and practical advice from our Coronavirus Hotelier Hub: