- 13th March 2019
Aviator by Tag is an Independent hotel owned by Tag. Luxury hotel, restaurant, cafe, cocktail bar, conference and wedding venue. Aviator was created by TAG Group as a hotel for elite travellers moving between London and the world's leading destinations.
- A cloud-based product was the number one priority, they needed a system that allowed access from anywhere in the hotel
- Costly and disruptive upgrades - the few updates they did receive were costly and an operational upheaval when they were installed
- With limited automation and integration, processes on their old systems were time-consuming and manual
- They wanted a technology partner, one that listens, takes on board operational requirements and pressures, and is happy to adjust and amend to ultimately benefit guests and staff
- Reporting was manual, ridgit and not flexible – they wanted a system that reported the right data, that in return allowed for strategic planning
- Previous system was very tedious, both back of house and creating buttons and adding elements to the till system, had to over right different type of products which then caused problems in reporting and the whole process took up too much time
Cloud based system that can be accessed anywhere in the hotel, so staff can check live items like rates and availability instantly. Staff can access it during meetings and off site too instead of being pinned down to the desk, which also helps their work / life balance, allowing staff to work from home if needs be
Automation - 2 hours saved per day
- Automated processes save housekeeping 2 hours per day – 2-hour tasks now takes 20 minutes through automated reports. With less administrative tasks for housekeeping, they can make more use of their time
- Check-out is now a smoother operation and with no manual mistakes with guest bills, guests are charged correct amounts
13% Revenue and 16% Rate growth
- Biggest rate impact has been on best available rate across all websites and OTA’s, managing that process and inventory through the new system has grown the BAR by 6% - 7%
- With Guestline, it makes it a lot easier for the team to promote upsells to guests. They used to have to manually contact each guest to suggest that they add additional things to their stay but now this is automated which makes it a lot easier - as such they have increased room revenue year on year by 13% and the average rate has increased by 16% aswell
Return on Investment
Offers value for money. With Guestline you pay once and that’s it. Regular upgrades are free (they were previously paying over £20,000 per upgrade with their previous supplier) and not disruptive. The hotel has saved money with the Guestline system compared to the more traditional system they had previously.
Enhanced Customer Journey
Pre-arrival reach out to guests to drive sales, prompt screens and messages on screen when guests are checking in prompting for dinner / spa reservations – boosting upselling at front desk and enhances the guest experience
Very easy system to use, simple system to follow, set out in clear terms, training was excellent from the beginning. High turnover of hospitality staff industry wide, allows easy training of new staff and from other staff internally – can be as quick as two weeks rather than over a month with previous system
Guestline allows more in dept data reporting and analysis, can now look at segments by day which they couldn’t do before. Team can now put more effective pricing strategies in place. Allows the team to more accurately assess what happened in the previous month, they can see what each segment achieved, the occupancy and average rate and break it down so that it can increase the effectiveness of the pricing strategy for the future
Streamlined bar and restaurant operations
Setting up the tills and creating new entry lines is a lot simpler and easy to do - no longer is an 8 hour course needed. Systems are now streamlined, and the team found it very evident that the systems have been specifically built to help professionals within the hospitality industry.
General Manager, Aviator by Tag
“ To sum up we have been absolutely delighted with Guestline, from the installation which was seamless [we were fortunate to have excellent trainers], in terms of operationally we find it a good system to use, commercially we have seen the benefits from it and the support we have received externally has been fantastic. We would whole-heartedly recommend it ”
Here's what our clients have to say...
Take a look through our success stories to discover how we have helped some of the world's leading hospitality brands improve the guest experience, streamline operations and maximise revenue.
Like what you see?
To find out more about our products and services, simply complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch soon.