Place Hotels, Edinburgh
Place Hotels is an Edinburgh based boutique hotel group. Their current properties include :-
The Place Hotel - a luxury four star boutique townhouse hotel featuring 47 contemporary bedrooms, a stylish restaurant and an opulent cocktail bar situated in a stunning A-listed Georgian Terrace.
The Inn Place - a unique metro style hotel boasting 29 contemporary bedrooms located in the Old Town area. Facilities include a café bar, bunk rooms and serviced apartments.
The groups primary requirement was to implement a fully integrated hotel management system which allowed the hotel manager and revenue manager to operate the business with complete transparency in order to recognise areas of growth and new opportunities. As with any new business, a small volume of staff were initially employed, therefore full training on the system, an emphasis on reporting and generating revenue along with efficiency, was paramount.
- Multi function system – one solution for all their needs
- Completely integrated cloud based system
- Ability to manage both properties from one place at any time, from reporting through to administration
- Customer feedback was taken on board and changes made to the system
- Constant upgrades and improvements
- UK support and development team with hotel and hospitality industry experience
- One to one training with simple, easy to understand handouts
- Refresher courses – for all staff and new starters, ensuring they are getting the most out of the system and receiving training on upgrades
The benefits of Guestline Distribution have been huge and integral to the growth of the business:
- The groups revenue manager has saved a considerable amount of time by maintaining rates and visibility from a single location
- No need to purchase rate management ‘add-ons’
- Flexi rates – easy to manage and enable the hotel to control rates at any time, from anywhere, across all channels
- Package building – simple to create marketing and sales initiatives to boost revenue and upsell
- Seamless integration with the Online Booking Manager
- Automated email campaigns and reminders to enhance the customer offering
As both properties were new ventures, a significant emphasis was placed on generating new business. Guestline’ s Distribution proved invaluable, it enabled us to manage rates effectively, expose our inventory across multiple channels and generate maximum revenue online.
Initially, Booking.com produced 65% of our business during the first 14 months of trading. However, by utilising the features and strengths of the PMS we have been able to change our business mix to a more varied and strategic approach, reducing our reliance on the OTA’s.
increased OTA exposure