20 December, 2017
Guestline focuses on further growth in 2018 following successful year of investment
Leading global hospitality software business Guestline is planning for further growth in 2018 following strong performance this year. This has included a 20 per cent growth in its client base, significant investment in new technology and key markets worldwide, and development of its senior and country-level management teams over the last 12 months.
The company has added to its portfolio of hospitality software technology throughout its 25th year, driven by growing demand from accommodation providers for innovative technology. Guestline’s solutions support their distribution and revenue management, operations and digital marketing to deliver greater profitability and the company will continue its investment across all areas of operation in 2018.
2017 has been a year of significant innovation, development and growth and this is testament to the hard work of the strong team we have in place at Guestline.
Customer feedback is overwhelmingly positive and we have seen strong growth over the last 12 months with bookings via our portals up 30 per cent and a 49 per cent increase in total revenue generated for our customers.
2018 will see more shifts in the hospitality market and technology landscapes as we prepare for new technology opportunities and the legislation on GDPR. Our continued investment and innovation in technology will help deliver greater efficiencies and greater profitability for current and new clients in the year ahead.
Andrew McGregor, CEO, Guestline
International expansion and growth in management team
- Guestline’s global footprint now covers over 25 countries across five continents. In 2017 Guestline opened new offices in London and Dublin and a larger office in Thailand.
- Enhancements to the senior leadership team include new CEO Andrew McGregor, appointed in February 2017 and the appointment of Andrew Metcalfe as the company’s first chief technology officer. The CTO oversees the development of Guestline’s industry-leading technology, a team of 52 product developers and the Guestline Labs initiative, a central hub to deliver innovative product development.
- Further afield, the company recruited hospitality industry experts Clio O’Gara and Ingrid Fallon to join the team in Ireland in the roles of country manager and regional sales manager respectively. In Bangkok, new country manager Matthew Emptage leads the team across Thailand, Australia and Singapore.
New product and service initiatives
- Guestline continues to enhance its product portfolio with the release of the latest free upgrade to its cloud-hosted PMS, Rezlynx. It now delivers superior revenue generating tools and improved functionality with combination rooms/virtual suites, shift allowances, reports and profile alerts (to name but a few) to enable hoteliers to achieve greater operational efficiencies. There have also been numerous feature enhancements in the Conference and Banqueting module, the Payment Express Chip and PIN module and e-commerce solutions, along with a new interface to the IDeaS G3 Revenue Management System.
- Guestline now have over 350 partner APIs to enhance its end-to-end solution. APIs cover these main categories: EPoS, stock control, PABX, door locking, CRM, BI reporting, Spa, online bookings, TV systems and guest facing apps.
- In addition, Online Ticket Sales now provides hoteliers with the opportunity to diversify their offer by selling tickets to events online. Integrated to Rezlynx PMS, it allows hoteliers to manage payments and availability for events and to combine with room rates and packages for accommodation if required.
Growth in the network: new client wins and strategic partnerships
- The company has recently further grown its profile within Best Western (including recent orders from the Best Western Crown and Best Western Kilima Hotels) and secured Marco Pierre White’s company Black and White Hospitality as its newest opening in London, with the New Road Hotel. In addition, Essex-based Roslin Beach and the luxury Langdale Estate in the Lake District have both recently opted for Guestline solutions. As have the Royal Yacht Britannia in Edinburgh, adding to the 1,000 new rooms using Guestline technology across Scotland this year.
- Expansion of the Guestline partner network via a number of strategic partnerships has included amongst others the online reputation company GuestRevu, Avvio, HotelRez, UpSell Guru, Wihp, Revinate and Digital Alchemy.
Industry networking and recognition
- Guestline is featured in the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2017’ report in recognition of its continued growth and dynamism.
- Recent, exhibition and attendance at key industry events included World Travel Market, the ASAP Conference, the Independent Hotel Show, the International Hospitality Exchange in Belfast, the Munster GDPR Hotels Conference and the Irish Hospitality Institute Founders Awards Event.