02 October, 2017
Guestline celebrates anniversary with record-breaking results
As the global hospitality software business celebrates its 25th year of offering accommodation providers revenue-generating solutions, Guestline’s technology suite is now relied on by companies in 20 countries across five continents.
Having strengthened its senior team and expanded its geographic reach over the last few months, Guestline has also introduced a new series of innovative technology solutions and strategic partnerships. Such investments have been made to ensure both Guestline and its clients and partners are even better positioned to response to the ever-changing demands of a continually evolving marketplace.
Management team boosted across UK and Ireland
- Andrew McGregor became CEO of Guestline in February 2017. Having previously co-founded eCommera – a full service retail specialist helping brands with their commercial strategy – his international experience has already proved invaluable in leading Guestline’s ambitious European growth plans.
- In August 2017 Guestline appointed Andrew Metcalfe to the new role of chief technology officer (CTO). The creation of this senior role marked Guestline’s commitment to accelerating its programme of innovation and reinforcing the company’s position as one of the hospitality industry’s premier technology driving forces by doubling its UK-based development team.
- Guestline introduced its first operations in Ireland in summer 2017, appointing two experienced hospitality professionals to grow its business profile within this key market. Marking the beginning of Guestline’s expansion into Europe, Clio O’Gara joined the team as its dedicated country manager, whilst Ingrid Fallon was hired as the team’s regional sales manager.
New product and service initiatives
- In May this year, Guestline released the latest free upgrade to Rezlynx, its popular cloud-hosted property management system. Packed with enhanced functionality and extended management intelligence, the new release of Guestline’s time-saving Property Management System is designed to arm hoteliers with superior revenue driving tools, facilitate better customer insight and deliver greater operational efficiencies.
- Following the creation of the new CTO position in August, Guestline announced the introduction of the new Guestline Labs initiative. Designed to offer an increased technical and innovative resource for client-focused product development, Guestline Labs will encompass a centre of excellence for the product management team, developers, corporate IT and data centre operations
Client wins and partnerships
- Since summer 2017, Guestline has significantly increased its Scottish client base, with over 1,000 additional rooms now using its innovative cloud-based technology. This influx of new hotels follows substantial expansion across Scotland over the last two years, with Guestline’s expanding roster of clients now covering city-centre, coastal, country house, boutique and hotel group properties.
- Thanks to a series of high-profile partnerships with technology companies throughout 2017, more hoteliers can now access Guestline’s comprehensive portfolio of partner software solutions to optimise their revenues. The new collaborations include improving efficiency for hoteliers with Avvio (July), enhancing guest engagement with Digital Alchemy (July), developing online reputation management with GuestRevu (April) and bringing HotelRez onboard as a GDS representation partner (March).
Trade events and industry recognition
- In May 2017 Guestline was featured in the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2017’ report. Considered a celebration of the UK’s fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium sized businesses, Guestline’s inclusion recognises its consistent revenue growth in the preceding years – significantly outperforming its industry peers - and its expansion into new territories
- To further strengthen its market presence, Guestline will be showcasing the potential of its market-leading software to the hospitality industry as its UK and Irish teams attend a range of high-profile trade events this autumn. These include the Independent Hotel Show (London, 17-18 October), the International Hospitality Exchange (Belfast, 17-18 October), the Munster GDPR Hotels Conference (Killarney, 17 October), World Travel Market (London, 6-8 November) and the Irish Hospitality Institute Founders Banquet and Awards Event (Dublin, 23 November)
Arrange a demonstration of Guestline solutions here