15th March 2018
How can technology provide a better customer experience & provide a more direct route to market?
Join us on 15th March to hear from leading hospitality influencers on how the sector is embracing the latest technological innovations.
There will be two panel sessions, which will address how hotels are using technology to improve guest engagement and ultimately drive sales and revenue! Be involved in the discussions and hear the latest trends, challenges and innovations to harness your hotel’s potential.
Guestline Connect events are perfect for anyone working in the hotel sector who has an interest improving the guest experience and driving operational efficiencies through the aid of technology.
It will also be your opportunity to meet other hotel and industry professionals to share new ideas and best practice. Complimentary refreshments will be served throughout.
Session 1 (with Q&A) :
How to effectively “Own” the guest throughout their entire journey - directly and indirectly
How can hotels attract more customers to drive bookings in the most profitable way? What marketing strategies can hotels adopt to ensure a customer books with them, spends with them and returns to them?
Our panellists will be exploring the benefits of both indirect and direct bookings and how hotels can stand out in a cluttered market place.
- Andrew Metcalfe – CTO, Guestline
- Satyan Joshi - Hotel Ads Business Leader, Google (Satyan is responsible for building and maintaining key partner relationships within the accommodation sector)
- Simon Bullingham - CEO, Journey (a hotel digital marketing agency)
- GM from a leading hotel group
Session 2 (with Q&A) :
How can an integrated technology approach improve operations for hoteliers and how does this affect the overall guest experience?
How can your hotel benefit from having an integrated technology platform where your core operational software seamlessly connects to various other modules and third party interfaces? Does it help to have fewer technology suppliers or do you risk ‘putting all your eggs in one basket’?
By having the latest technological innovations, does this enhance and improve the customer experience or do we risk losing focus on hospitality?
- Nic Wenn - Managing Director, Queensway Hotels (Point A branded hotels)
- Peter Russell – Operations Director, Russell Partnership Technology (specialists in consultancy and training for the hospitality, restaurant and tourism industries. Peter travels extensively around the world and last year spent 200 days on the road, visiting 14 countries)
- Karl Schmidtner – Managing Director, UpsellGuru (a system that empowers hotel guests to bid on room upgrades and purchase additional guests services)
- Andrew Metcalfe – CTO, Guestline
- Tanya Vodoryez - Group Revenue Manager, Arbor Hotel Group (Arbor City Hotel and Arbor Hyde Park Hotel)
- 5pm – Registration drinks
- 5.30pm - 6.30pm- Panel discussions
- 6.30pm - Networking and canapés
The Bulgari Hotel, London.
Located in Knightsbridge on the edge of Hyde Park, the five star Bulgari Hotel London is both a haven of calm in the centre of the city and yet under a minute’s walk from such landmarks as the famous Harrods department store.
The Connect event will take place in the hotel’s Cinema and lounge. For more information on the venue click here.
How to attend
The Connect event is FREE to attend. As numbers are strictly limited, and reserved for those working in the hotel sector we are expecting the event to be booked up early so register your interest ASAP and we will confirm your attendance.
If you are interested in driving your occupancy and increasing revenue and you’d like to hear more from Guestline and their partners, then this is the event for you.
The event will be relevant for General Managers, owners and operators, revenue managers/directors, operation managers/directors and front of house managers who work in an independent property or group hotels.
Please fill in your details below to register your interest and we will confirm your attendance: