Guestline are looking for a IT Systems Engineer with SQL. You will be required to actively monitor and manage priority database systems, taking responsibility for the effective running of databases, ensuring that their performance has appropriate availability & response times and providing capacity to deal with the demands and as demanded by corporate growth
- Manage MSSQL Databases, creating policies and procedures to support the database environment.
- Write and understand Microsoft Transact SQL. Write TSQL statements, stored procedures and views using industry best practices for security and efficiency. Create, test and execute SQL language code.
- To support, as required in the event of a major incident, the restoration of essential systems (e.g. in the server rooms) using agreed procedures
- Provide interaction with development to determine data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, to develop and maintain integrated databases and reports
Key Skills and Experience
- Strong SQL Server Skills (SQL server 2008/2012/2016, T-SQL) and development skills in T-SQL
- Knowledge of rational database principles, indexing, SQL Plan, Database optimisation etc.
- Specialist knowledge of MSSQL Server including infrastructure, backup/restore, availability management, performance tuning & query optimisation and capacity planning.
- Production experience with SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- It is essential you possess very strong SQL Server administration skills to be considered for this position.
- SQL Server database administration Skills including backup/recovery, high availability (failover clustering, availability groups), disaster recovery, security and optimisation.
- Maintenance of Business Critical systems
- Experience in configuring new standalone/clustered nodes if required
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL scripts and a working knowledge of PowerShell scripting
Please submit your CV and covering letter to:
Samantha Burrows, Guestline Limited, Guestline House, Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6LG
Alternatively, email us directly below: