We are a fast-growing company that are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals to work as part of our local Shrewsbury IT Department.
Our IT Department is a great place to work. Full of ideas and innovation, it needs similarly creative minds to help carry on the startling progress already made. We are looking for people who enjoy working in a team environment, whilst still having the discipline to do individual work at times.
- 1st and 2nd line support for our local users and remote workers.
- Responding to ticket requests, this can be via email, telephone or the company ticketing system and ensuring that all tickets are responded to and resolved in accordance to stringent SLA’s.
- Ensuring all incident and service requests are logged on the internal ticketing system.
- Providing users with regular updates and escalating critical issues to the senior team members where necessary.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting incidents, ensuring End-User communication is held throughout.
- Maintaining and updating the internal knowledgebase.
- Keeping the Asset database up to date registering all new or retired equipment throughout the business.
- Undertaking of project work when requested.
- Ensuring the backup systems are maintained and managed.
- Other day to day duties may including AD Admin, setting user rights and permissions, application support, network patching, some network configuration/troubleshooting, and desk moves,
- Imaging, setup, and deployment of laptops, Desktops and all peripherals.
- Willing and adaptability to take on new tasks.
- The hunger to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Key Skills and Experience
- A good understanding of computing principles and technologies e.g PC's, printers, networking, operating systems including Windows 10Mac OSX environments.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience with Laptop, desktop and other hardware installation, configuration and support.
- Basic Knowledge/understanding of Networking Protocols (DNSDHCPNASSMBVPNWi-Fi).
- Basic knowledge or understanding of Cloud Computing (Azure/AWS).
- Intermediate Knowledgeunderstanding of Anti-VirusMalwareSecurity Protection.
- Making recommendations and plans for improvement and successfully rolling out changes.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Organized to deliver high level of service.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Hyper-V andor VMWare experience
- Experience using Bitlocker or FileVault
- VoIP experience
- Experience using Backup solutions such as SymantecEMCSync Backup Pro.
The position is officed based in Shrewsbury.
Salary: £5.50 per hour
To apply for this role please email us your CV and covering letter: