Second Line Support Analyst
The ideal candidate would be proficient in the following areas:
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work load
- Strong verbal communication skills – ability to discuss issues in both technical and non-technical terms
- Meticulous written skills
- A good degree of patience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working within an IT Helpdesk
Prior experience in the following areas would be considered an advantage but not essential:
- Microsoft desktop operating systems (XP / 7 / 8.1)
- Microsoft server operating systems (2003 / 2008 / 2012)
- Microsoft Excel
- Networking (O/S level)
- SQL Server or other database platforms
This position will be working on the 2nd line tier of the Guestline support desk. The role is to support all of the Guestline products from our two Property Management Systems (PMS), our Electronic Point of Sale (EPoS) system, Channel Management System (Roomlynx), and our many interfaces to 3rd party systems such as till systems, phone systems, door locking, heating, etc
Part of the role will include troubleshooting and providing recommendations on hotel server / workstation / networking when required to ensure the Guestline products are installed in a secure and optimal environment but the vast majority of support is concentrated around Guestline products.
- The support desk covers the hours of 7am to 11pm 365 days a year.
- During the probationary period engineers work standard office hours, 9am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Upon completion of the probationary period an engineer will join the junior support rota, this rota covers the hours of 8am to 9pm covering 7 days a week. The engineer will work 5 8 hours days over this week ranging from 8am to 4:30pm through a variety of shift times to the 12:30pm to 9pm shift.
- After approximately 12 month of being on the junior rota the engineer would be ‘promoted’ to the senior support rota covering the hours of 7am to 11pm 7 days a week. The engineer will work 5 8 hour days over this week ranging from 7am to 3:30pm through a variety of shift times to the 14:30pm to 11pm shift.
- The current shift start and end times are subject to change in the future depending on company growth and our expanding client base in both the UK and abroad.
To apply for this position, in the first instance please submit your CV and covering letter to Terri Tandy, Guestline Limited, Guestline House, Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6LG or email with the relevant job title in the subject line to email@example.com.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE